Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sore feet

I walked all over Moscow yesterday to buy tickets we ordered. We also fought amazing crowds and the cold to get in to see the Kremlin Armory. Beautiful sensory overload as always, but I realized why I've just hired tours for students and not gone myself for the past few years.

Spent the whole afternoon running around with Annika and Nick to buy tickets. A major flap at the Vakhtangov where the administrators with whom I'd arranged everything went on New Years vacation and forgot to tell anyone about our order. They ended up selling our tickets. Luckily, they were able to find us seats in the balcony. Not ideal, but cheaper and we still get to see the show.


Last night we saw an adaptation of Mark Twain's "Is He Dead". I look forward to hearing what students have to say about the show. This afternoon, Russian Christmas, we are seeing "The Scarlet Flower" which has been running since December 31st, 1949.

No comments:

Post a Comment