Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Developing a Taste for Theater

Having only been exposed to theater as a child, sans a couple of musicals I had seen during high school, I really did not have a taste for theater, or even a particular style I enjoyed. Part of going on this trip was knowing I was going to be completely out of my element. I was willing to step out of my comfort zone and experience this, new to me, form of expression. Over the past 4 weeks we have seen a broad spectrum of performances, from musicals, to surreal nightmares across a giant stage. Each and every performance has been great in its own accord, however seeing such a broad spectrum has cause a novice theater goer to develop a taste for theater. I didn’t set out on this trip expecting to want to go to theater when I returned, spending a large amount of time has made me appreciate it. Returning to Russia next fall will allow me to voluntarily attend some of the performances we didn’t get a chance to see and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment