Saturday, January 2, 2016

Expectations

Right now this very minute I'm waiting to be let into my house so I can finish packing, and mostly I expect that I will realize what I've forgotten as soon as it's too late to go back and get it. I'm also anticipating a lot of properly wintry weather, and a reasonable excuse to wear all the winter clothes that have been packed away thus far.

Other than that, I've been preparing for the past week by telling various family members that I'm no more likely to die in Russia than in the U.S. and explaining why I was willing to pay so much money to see plays in a language I don't speak very well yet. I've also been brushing up on all the grammar I forgot on Duolingo because they finally added Russian as a language option.

My main goal while we're in Russia is to speak as much Russian as possible, and hopefully end up speaking more Russian than English.

No comments:

Post a Comment